Our Weather Station
Our weather station is a Vantague Vue - Wireless, Solar Powered Instrument Suite built by Davis Instruments
- Wireless: Frequency-hopping spread spectrum radio frequency from 902 to 928 MHz ensures consistent transmission up to 1,000 feet from integrated sensor suite to console. Survived cyclic corrosion tests simulating wear in extreme weather environments
- Solar-powered with stored energy backup: Solar Panel energizes the station during the day. On-board super capacitor provides power at night. Lithium battery provides backup when needed.
- Rain Collector: Self-emptying tipping spoon measures rain with 0.01-inch resolution.
- Anemometer: Records wind speeds from two to 150 miles per hour.
- Wind Direction: Measures wind direction in compass points or degrees.
- Temperature/Relative Humidity: Outside temperature readings from -40 to 150 degrees Fahrenheit (-40 to 65 degrees Celsius). Measures relative humidity from 0 to 100 percent.
- Weather Proof Cover: is corrosion-resistant and extremely durable. Electronics are potted or over-molded for added moisture shielding.
- Radiation Shield: protects from solar radiation and other sources of radiated and reflected heat.
Photos Of Our Station