Here’s a quick look at snow totals from our latest storm. As we had predicted, snowfall amounts were relatively light and travel impacts were minimal. We experienced the worst road conditions South and East of Castle Rock this morning over higher elevations of the Palmer Ridge.
- Castle Rock
- 1.0 – 1.3 inches of snow accumulation
- Areas South and West of Castle Rock (Palmer Divide, Sedalia, etc…)
- 1.5 – 3.0 inches of snow accumulation
- South Denver Suburbs
- 0.5 – 1.1 inches of snow accumulation
- Elbert Area (Southeast of Castle Rock)
- 0.8 – 1.0 inches of snow accumulation
- Falcon ( NE Colorado Springs Area *by request*)
- T – 0.2 inches of snow accumulation — downslope off the Palmer Divide squashed a lot of moisture down that way!
Our forecast was pretty spot on with this storm. Despite the models trying to push snow totals in the 2-4 inch range or even 3-6 inch range for some of these areas… we just didn’t see a lot of support for it. We kept our snow forecast on the lower side based on the type of storms we’ve seen this year and this storm looking very similar to those storms.
Our next chance of snow comes on Saturday and we will have an article up on Friday tracking that storm system. Stay tuned!