Another great late summer/early fall weekend on tap for many of us along the front range of Colorado. The forecast for this weekend looks fairly typical for this time of the year. A quick cold front will cool us down slightly on Friday (at least compared to what we have seen the past few days) but the cooler air doesn’t stick around long. Saturday and Sunday look to be very nice with warmer temperatures and it may even feel a bit hot on Saturday. Castle Rock and surrounding areas look to see the mid to upper 80’s on Sunday but many models show the Denver Metro Area seeing 90’s in some areas.
We will note that some models show low temperatures in the 30’s for Saturday morning. Doesn’t look like freezing conditions but we will keep an eye out in case anything looks to be trending colder (for those of you with sensitive plants…)
Public Service Announcement
Despite the fact the days are getting shorter and the temperatures are getting cooler, it is easy to forget that sunburn is still a very real danger in Colorado this time of the year. The UV Index forecast for the next few days shows values in the upper 7 to low 8 range:
Values like this are still high and can do quite a bit of damage to folks who are exposed to the sunlight for long periods of time during the day.
With values in the upper 7’s and low 8’s through the weekend, make sure to put plenty of sunscreen on if you plan to be out in the sun for long periods of time. Most folks will experience sunburning in 30-45 minutes with no protection!
A Look at Other Regions in Colorado
For those of you outside the Castle Rock/ Palmer Divide area with weekend plans, here’s a quick look at what to expect:
- Fort Morgan Area
- Saturday: 74/40 – Partly cloudy and breezy conditions
- Sunday :82/43 – Mainly sunny and warmer
- Monday: 93/53 – Sunny and warm
- Saturday: 76/53 –Partly cloudy with a slight breeze
- Sunday :75/54 – Mostly sunny through the day, a slight breeze is possible
- Monday: 90/51 – Sunny and warm
- Winter Park/Fraser
- Saturday: 65/31 – Pleasent under mostly clear skies, chilly in the evening and overnight hours
- Sunday: 73/38 – Sunny and pleasant
- Monday: 73/44 – Mostly clear and pleasant, slightly breezy in the afternoon hours
- Woodland Park
- Saturday: 72/37 – Mostly clear conditions, a bit chilly during the evening hours
- Sunday: 70/43 – Clear skies and pleasant temperatures
- Monday: 75/48 – Sunny skies with a slight breeze in the afternoon and evening hours